Hello everyone,
To start this update, I need to say, I love Durian. This fruit which I thought tasted like gasoline with the consistency of watered down chalk, is now the sweetest, most delicious things I have ever eaten. One of the best things from this week is one night I went to a members house who the father, sells durian as a part time thing. While we were there, he cracked open probably 4 durians while I was there. I think I ate 22 bijis. Oh my gosh it was so good. It was at this moment while I was eating when i discovered that oh my gosh... I actually really like this and don't have to force myself to eat it. That was a relief.
A little bit that happened this past week. Specifically Sunday. We have been teaching this group of kids ranging from the ages of 9-14. They have been learning and stuff and coming to church but something happened this past week. We found that 3 of the older ones had been smoking in the bathroom of the church. When we asked them about it, they denied it but after asking several more times they admitted to it. That was flippin frustrating. It's one thing to smoke, but smoking in the back of a church is a whole other thing. It was just really dumb haha.
Another experience that happened at church has really kept me thinking. At church, one of the investigators from the other companionship of Matang elders came to church. I hadn't met her before so I started to talk to her. She is 18 and going to University right now. I was able to connect with her in a very special way. She told me she is one of the first Elders she has ever felt comfortable sharing certain things about her life with. She showed me her arms that were entirely covered with scars. Hundreds. I felt for her. . And to give you some really recent news, I am now going to be transferred to serve in Singapore. East Malaysia is my home. There are people here like this girl who I have been thinking about how I can help her.. and now I can't. I don't know what to think.
Thank you for all of your support. I love you guys..
Love,
Matt
No comments:
Post a Comment