Wednesday, July 27, 2016

10 July 2016

Hello everyone,

This was a great week. Oh man. Started on Monday with a great celebration of the independence of the United States of America. I talked a bit about that in my last letter. Anyway! We had some really cool miracles happen this week!

So two weeks ago and the first part of this week, we were having no success with finding people. Well, we would find people but then they would reject us and call us "sesat" meaning "Lost" and walking away. So that wasn't the most encouragement building time but hey, Alma said that his sorrows were swallowed up in the joy of Christ and is he anyone different than us? NOPE. So even though there were a lot of rejections, man. I feel way happy and pumped! What a blessing to be with my companion right now because as we have been together, we have discovered that we are literally the same person. We both like contact sports (he's playing for USU when he gets back. Full-ride scholarship. Lucky dawg) we both love plain chocolate ice cream, super man, and being missionaries so it works out pretty well haha. 
Anyway, back to what I was saying. I had a thought. We weren't really finding anyone new because we had already found some that God had put in our way. We just had to meet them! So we looked through some sheets of potential investigators again and called through them and got a few appointments set up from people who had never answered their phone when we tried to call before.. Some of those appointments fell through and they blocked our number, but some of them didn't and we had some great experiences!. One guy we met is Chinese. 16 years old and really awesome! We met and taught him about the awesome love that God has for us and how God doesn't want us lost in the interpretations of man  but to know the way of God and stuff like that and the whole time, you could just see lights turning on in his head. it was really funny and just SO COOL. At the end, he told us "WOW. I feel REALLY good right now." (he is Taoist and has a little knowledge of Christianity) then he said "I really feel like praying right now" THEN HE DID AND IT WAS SO AWESOME! It was so cool. He did it in Chinese so I didn't understand all of it but hey. It was awesome. We are meeting him again this week so I'll write more about that!
A miracle that happened after that was since we had gone and tried to meet with some of the people we met before, we started seeing more success as we tried to find new people! Every day we set different goals on our to-do list that get me really excited everyday. For example. Wednesday- Punch Satan in the throat. You get the picture. Having a goal like that is way awesome and really helps you want to do the right thing as much as you can. Following God is doing just that. It's awesome when at the end of the day you can maybe tell your self that you participated in thwarting the plan of the hell-bent-on-destroying-you being. It feels so good!      
Anyway, I have to go now! Not too many pictures this week. 
Love,
Elder Hanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment