Monday, July 4, 2016

4 July 2016







                                                 I love these blue eyes and happy smile!!



Hey everyone! 
We went to the beach and played rugby and had a bbq for the 4th of July! We got back a bit late so this won't be too long!

THis past week we had the great opportunity to meet with a lot of our members. Members who haven't come to church in a long time and it was so amazing to see testimony come back into them. Everyone has a testimony. It just has to be brought out! 
A scripture I love sharing with people is in Alma 13:12-13 and it says that after essentially living the gospel and allowing it to change them (I'm obviously paraphrasing) that they could not help but look upon sin except with abhorrence. Not just dislike, but abhorrence. Then I love just saying, wouldn't it be a whole lot easier to obey God's commandments if we looked at sin like unto this? Obviously we won't do something we hate. It is so cool. The feeling of abhorrence toward sin is something that comes as you study the gospel and it is an amazing thing that enables you to do anything. The full, non-confusing gospel of Jesus Christ, not mingled with the "wisdom of man" but lead entirely by God is the greatest thing to ever happen to us as children of God. SO COOL!

We met with our investigators this week as well as a few former investigators who agreed to meet with us! Also some really cool new investigators. SO AWESOME. This is surely the work of God. No true change can be brought about in someone unless it is by the Holy Ghost. We don't have to be confused and wondering who has truth in this world. God has made it easy for us to find through the Holy Ghost which will lead us to that which is good. Awesome. 

The gospel is so cool. When I was younger, I would've never said that. But it is. It is the greatest thing that anyone could ever have.
I'll write more next week about what's going on!
I love you all,
Love,
Elder Hanks

No comments:

Post a Comment