31 July 2016
Well, after 6 good months here, I'm now getting transferred over to West Malaysia. I'll be white washing there.. that just means that both me and my companion are brand new to the area so we have to start from the beginning more or less like that. Good ol' Elder M. (I was only with him 1 (fast) transfer:()ANYWAY. That is gonna be an adventure. I have lived here for so long and gotten to know the folks here so well. It is weird that I'm just leaving now.
This week was great but a hard week to meet with people. A large chunk of our meetings that we set up were cancelled upon arrival. (As in we show up and they weren't home or like unto that) So that made it a bit harder. We got to meet with a lot of members which is always a great opportunity. One really cool thing that happened this week was with a woman that we met. She was a referral from the Sister Missionaries here. We set up a time to meet and we met and sat at a old table on the side of a building. We began talking a bit and found out that she worked at the hospital and 10 years ago, while she was working, some missionaries came in. One of the missionaries was sick and the other one gave her The Book of Mormon. While she was telling us about this story, she just said that they gave her a bible so I thought, you know, THE Bible. But no, she said she has been reading that book for a long time and that she wanted to understand it more. Then she pulled it out and sure enough it was The Book of Mormon. In English! Sure enough she was trying to learn English from the book! She was really cool and we told her about the background of the book and about the Restoration of the Gospel! So cool. She seemed so excited to have a bit more of an idea of what it was and we are gonna meet again on Tuesday!
That's pretty much it for this week. My mind is still a bit phased from the anxiety of transfers. I love you all! Have a good week!
Love,
Elder Hanks
No comments:
Post a Comment