Tuesday, September 13, 2016


I can hear Matt's voice when he saw this cute little baby!!  
AWWWWWW!!!  








12 September 2016

So yes. I as you see, I am yet again leaving. I have only been here for what. 6 weeks? Yeah that was fast. Looks like I am going back to East Malaysia. This will be in the same Zone as my first area so almost going home! I am training also. There's some new missionaries coming in so I'm gonna be taking one in as my "son" I have lineage now. (If you don't understand what I'm saying, ask a return missionary) Also to add to this one.. I'm white washing again. What an adventure for sure. 
I am really sad to leave. This area has helped me learn a lot. One thing I learned that I was reminded of while I was looking through some past notes what while I starting to read the Old Testament a few months ago. In the story of Abraham and Issac, the Lord commands Abraham to sacrifice his son. Of course, maybe, that was something that he didn't want to do, but I really do admire his attitude. Genesis 22:3- "And Abraham rose up early in the morning..." so he could prepare to fulfill the commandment God had given him. That is quite a great attitude that I think we should learn from. Don't question the reasoning behind God's commandments, rather, go and do and if you do that, like Abraham, you will be made perfect. Exact obedience to the commandments of God. James 2:21-22 "Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Issac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?" Yup. It works lah. I love you all. One thing that has been great is we have realized that we really need to be finding the people who will open their hearts to the message we share and be essential builders of the kingdom here. We have been praying like crazy and fasting a bit and it worked. We have found some amazing people recently and it is truly amazing. I am really sad to be leaving this area. We will see what my new area has in store for me though.
Love you all,
Love,
Elder Hanks

No comments:

Post a Comment