Here's the latest from Elder Hanks. If you scroll down past this weeks letter and pictures, there's more FB posts from sweet Sister L!!
Hey folks,
Pray sure works. This week was awesome. Ups and downs. Learned a lot though. Like some of my past experiences, I have been able to see how prayer really works. We have been praying multiple times throughout the day for people we will meet, people we are yet to meet, and for the spirit to work within us and also with them. We tackled this week with 9 new investigators and 45 potential investigators which we hope we can meet again. There is no doubt or true way to explain the keilahian (I don't know what that word is in english) of what has happened besides admitting that it is purely the will of God being brought about. It is SO cool being able to know that. If you want to know more about how to feel like that, read the Book of Mormon. That book, man.... It's so cool. A lot of people say there is evil in it but where is there evil in something that helps us learn about the divinity of God and Jesus Christ. None lah.
Anyway, this week was full of memorable moments. I'll share a few with you. There was a man we were talking to outside his house and while we were testifying of the truth of what we were sharing, this man's dog comes over to my companion, and hikes his leg and makes his territory on my companions leg.. This was no problem to this dog. It made a good contacting experience and we met with this man and his family a few days later! It turned into a really great lesson!
Update on me, I am kind of in the midst of a mid-mission crisis haha. It's not bad or holding me back, just an update. My bike tires are BALD. I thought I would never have to replace those mud tires but the time has come. There are literally holes in my tires. Also my bike post that broke a few months ago, the weld broke on it again and it stays on but I can pull it out to my hearts desire. A nice weapon in a time of need. My bike helmet is falling apart too haha. Oh man but it is SO AWESOME. It's all a part of the adventure I guess. But don't worry, I am going to try to get that all fixed up this week.
This past week we had a talent show for our church here and it was so fun! There are a ton of talented people here. I sang there but man I was scared. I haven't sung a solo in a LONG time. Shoot. But it was way fun all the same. I love this area a ton. I love all of my areas. I really want to just continue to live here honestly. It's hot but oh well, it's awesome. The work we are doing here is just SO cool.
This past week we had a talent show for our church here and it was so fun! There are a ton of talented people here. I sang there but man I was scared. I haven't sung a solo in a LONG time. Shoot. But it was way fun all the same. I love this area a ton. I love all of my areas. I really want to just continue to live here honestly. It's hot but oh well, it's awesome. The work we are doing here is just SO cool.
Oh yeah, momma asked for a little bit more of an update earlier. So I am training a new missionary. He's a way hard worker and is way fun. He is from Utah in the Hurricane area. We are whitewashing here together and it is so much fun. We have a great area and zone here to work with.
There's a little update for you!
Love,
Elder Hanks
Love,
Elder Hanks
No comments:
Post a Comment