Monday, October 17, 2016

17 October 2016

Well last week was great. One thing to share real quick is that for P-day, we went to Niah Caves, I went there a year ago actually haha when I served in in my first area we went there. That is such a cool hike. We went and explored through out all of these caves going deep into the earth. Last time I didn't bring a light with me. I didn't know what to expect. This time I brought two, a headlamp and a flash light. We were crawling through this narrow part which was deep in the middle of the mountain and at a point where I could see some standing room, I stood up. With my headlamp on, I looked up towards the ceiling to see how close I was and found my head going in to a hole with this.....( look at the first attached picture...) Yeah I sure got out of there. I'm not taking any chances. 
So besides that, that was a really amazing adventure. Exploring like that was nuts. Pitch black with out lights. With all of those crazy bugs going around. 
ANYWAY, this week was a good week of learning a lot. Thank goodness I'm training a new missionary right now because it's helping me realize just how much I don't know.. It's been good. One thing specifically, working with the church that is already here. I realized when we came into this area, we just went for it and tried to talk to as many people as we could and just tried to get that going first. Eventually, that didn't really turn a ton of success so we had to reorganize our approach. We realized how blessed we are to have a good foundation of members here in this area. That has been our approach and it is in the process of being brought about right now. It's been a great experience and it's still in the process of getting there. I have learned a TON this transfer already. Thank goodness.. 
Not a huge update this week. I love this area. I love Malayisa. I would love to stay here my whole life and build of the church here. I feel like that because I really know that this is the true church of God. The only church that has the full Gospel of Christ. That's a way bold statement and I used to be afraid of it but it's true. And it's amazing! It's not a message to say that other people are wrong, it's a call to all people to come unto Christ through the church that He Himself has restored to the Earth. That's the greatest thing in the world. 
Anyway, love you all
Love,
Elder Hanks 



Man, I miss this smile!!  


Such cute kids!






  


South China Sea-is my son really there?



I had to look up what this was!  It's a Malaysian Cave centipede.....I am sure I would have hit my head as I screamed in panic!  

No comments:

Post a Comment