Monday, November 7, 2016

11 November 2016

I never know what to say in the headings but it's true, as I feel about all my areas, This one is awesome. My companion and I are really figuring some things out and trying to tune up areas of lacking and it is so much fun. We are doing our best to be obedient and trying to get better faith to have great things happen. I didn't realize how much faith must be a constant renewal process. I think that is something we should always do, renew our faith and our testimony of the simple bits of the Gospel everyday. 
Anyway, this was a great week. A little update. We have an initiative in our mission at this time to set a goal for how many baptisms we will give the Savior by Christmas (called White Christmas) SO our goal for this is 5 baptisms. We have been really working for this and we can.  She was a referral from one of our recent convert members. A member,  bore her testimony to her one day at work about how the teachings of this church allowed her husband to overcome addictions he had and it made them a happier family and this sincere testimony from a friend caused this desire to rise in her. So we have met with her a few times already and she is on date to be baptized in December. The challenge is, she needs to get work off. She works on Sunday and it's hard to get off. Here comes even more tests of faith. She is awesome and is learning a lot and it's amazing to see her faith growing.
Like I said, lots of tests of faith. We have met people, set appointments, and been dropped just like that. Fallen through appointments have been normal this week but we have had some good back-up plans which give us opportunities to try to find other members in our area.
A project we have been doing that last few weeks was working on taking apart a members house to move to a new area. It's been a great service opportunity and also a great opportunity for our members to share the gospel. They get their neighbors asking them "where did you find those white guys to take your house apart" and they go for it. So awesome. 
I have really been able to understand a little bit more of what it means to have "faith to find". It's surely a journey. I am so thankful for the way that has been perfected and given to us to become better as long as we take it. It's so true. God wants us to believe as children; children will believe and humble themselves whereas adults fall in to skepticism and unbelief. I think we always need to humble ourselves and accept the will of God. Accept that some things happen for our benefit. Accept and find the truth of God calling a prophet for us today. Humility is one of the keys to finding out the mysteries of God. I realized this week I need to really have more of a focus on reading the Book of Mormon. I realized I had prided myself with thinking I had a good enough knowledge already but realized I needed to begin reading it if I wanted to progress and gain an even clearer knowledge of Heaven. It's truly amazing. If you haven't read the Book of Mormon, read it. It's amazing. and will truly help anyone who reads it come to know our God. 
I love you all,
Love,
Elder Hanks













No comments:

Post a Comment