Dear folks,
This was a crazy week. First off, we were in Singapore for the greater half of it. We left on Monday and got back on Thursday evening. I told you a bit about that zone conference in my last letter I think. It was great to learn some ESSENTIAL things for my progression and the progression of the work in our area. I love being able to see some of my friends from other areas through out Malaysia. On Wednesday (after I finally was able to email you all) We had a Mission Leadership Council. It was very enlightening and gave some great insights to us on how we can better lead our zone here.
So we came back and were able to get right to work! 4 days out of an area can make a dent but we did the best we could to not do so. We have been really busy this week and this next week I think we are going to really try to get some member splits going so we can keep up with our work.
Oh my goodness. This weekend made me especially happy. We had District Conference! All of the branches of Bintulu came up and met with all of the branches here. THAT WAS AMAZING. I Got to meet some of the first people I ever grew to love in Malaysia. The people of Bintulu Bandar Jaya which is my first area. Wow. I almost cried I was so happy. They are amazing. They've changed so much too. I guess I figured they would always stay the same and never grow up. That made me thing of how much I would love to just stay here and work here and serve as a the first scout leader in Malaysia. Sounds sick right? Anyway. District Conference was great. What was address was definitely inspired and I really hope it will provide great encouragement to the members to endure to the end.
Oh my goodness. This weekend made me especially happy. We had District Conference! All of the branches of Bintulu came up and met with all of the branches here. THAT WAS AMAZING. I Got to meet some of the first people I ever grew to love in Malaysia. The people of Bintulu Bandar Jaya which is my first area. Wow. I almost cried I was so happy. They are amazing. They've changed so much too. I guess I figured they would always stay the same and never grow up. That made me thing of how much I would love to just stay here and work here and serve as a the first scout leader in Malaysia. Sounds sick right? Anyway. District Conference was great. What was address was definitely inspired and I really hope it will provide great encouragement to the members to endure to the end.
On Sunday, I did exchanges with Elder M. He is AWESOME. We had some great experiences together and with our focus of trying to make people's day by the Gospel and if they won't receive that, by something else like a complement. Wow. We talked to some of the greatest people. We call them "God's referrals". Missionary work is amazing.
Here's a little rant for all. Study about enduring to the end. We know the principles and ordinances of the Gospel or teachings of Jesus Christ are Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End. How do we Endure to the End? I invite you to study that in the Bible and Book of Mormon. The process of Enduring to the End is how Christ makes us perfect (Matthew 5:48 ; 3 Nephi 12:48) It makes me sad that there is a chance that some people I may never see again in this life. The only way I can is if both of us are putting forth our effort to become perfect by enduring to the End.
Here's a little rant for all. Study about enduring to the end. We know the principles and ordinances of the Gospel or teachings of Jesus Christ are Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End. How do we Endure to the End? I invite you to study that in the Bible and Book of Mormon. The process of Enduring to the End is how Christ makes us perfect (Matthew 5:48 ; 3 Nephi 12:48) It makes me sad that there is a chance that some people I may never see again in this life. The only way I can is if both of us are putting forth our effort to become perfect by enduring to the End.
Jesus Christ is at the head of His Church. He speaks through His spokesperson, the prophet to lead us. Read the Book of Mormon every day. I had an experience in my life where I discovered that this Church is true because I had read the Book of Mormon and prayed about it. Then afterwards I thought one time was enough. I was so wrong. Then I fell into the darkest time of my life and I realized it was because I quit reading. READ IT. If you already have, READ IT AGAIN. Don't miss a day. Missing a day will put what you believe at risk.
I love you all.
Love,
Elder Hanks
No comments:
Post a Comment