This week went by in about two seconds.
Things are going really well. Learn something new ever day. Something I learned about this week a little more deeper is the sacrament and how essential it is for our progression to becoming like Jesus Christ. I won't go into too much depth about it because one, it could take a long time for me to explain, and two, I can't explain it in words. Essentially, the Gospel works.
This week we met with a lot of people who's hearts were really open to the Gospel. They even told us about how many times they had heard from other people that the "white people on the bikes are of the devil", "those people teach heresy", and things like unto that. Well, if that were true and we taught heresy, why would I do this?
Anyway, I love the Gospel. There was so much that happened this week I don't even know what to write about.. A Miracle that happened, I thiink a personal one, just with that deeper understanding of the Sacrament, I just felt so happy especially on Sunday. We taught Sunday School as well because our teacher was sick and it was perfect because Elder VG and I got to share the discoveries we found from the scriptures about the Sacrament.
God truly wants us to be better. He wants us to be clean. Just think about how if you haven't showered in a few days. That's a nasty feeling. It's even nastier when it's involving the cleanliness of our soul and the "shower" that cleanses our soul made possible through Christ and acting on His Atonement, provides true cleanliness. With all the mistakes I have made, I am so glad that I can still be acceptable to someone. I am glad there is always someone who will be proud of me as I am putting forth every effort I have.
Here's a bit of the work this week. I went on exchanges with Elder F. this week. He is a Chinese missionary so I got to practice the little Chinese I know in the Chinese Area (which is actually all of my areai). He is a stud. I love him a lot. We had some great experiences going about teaching and finding. His love for the Gospel and the simplicity of it amazes me. One thing I always love about God's work, you don't have to be too special to be a part of it. You literally just have to want to serve Him and be diligent and consecrate yourself.
Anyway, I love you all.
Love,
Elder Hanks
No comments:
Post a Comment