Wednesday, January 20, 2016

10 January 2016

My friends and family,

This week was pretty awesome I must say. A lot better than previous weeks I guess. 
Last P-day, we went to an Island called. We took a ferry over and rented bikes once we got over there. Probably the crappiest bikes I have ever used but hey, it was still fun. So yes, I saw monkeys. It was the cutest thing. In Colorado, you see squirrels that dive from tree to tree and that looks crazy, right? Well, monkeys do that too. It's amazing though. It almost looks like people diving from tree to tree so it looks goofy sometimes. I wish I could join them. Along with that, there were some wild boars that roamed near a place we parked our bikes to explore. These Boars reminded me of my chihuahua who was kind of like a pig. They walk the same I guess. No one except my family understands that so sorry about that haha. We got to stroll along the beach and gaze from the top of look out points. It was amazing. Definitely go there if you head this way. I got my first mosquito bite there from my whole mission. Before I came here they made is seem like I would be getting swarmed by mosquitoes all the time and I would get malaria and die. But looks like I'm still here and only one bite in 6 months. Not too bad.

I was able to excel in a few ways this week. I guess the reasoning for it was on Wednesday, I was able to learn a lot of things about how to "unlock my potential" and things like that and I felt so pumped up about it. On the MRT (train, our main mode of transport, like the Subway in New York), we do most of our contacting. Usually, I would maybe talk to one person and then shy away and enjoy the ride but heck no, I was so pumped after what I learned, I was just bouncing around trying to find people who would listen to me. It was, like, really fun. I'm almost surprised haha. One thing I love is when I find an Indonesian, Malayisan, or Muslim because I can communicate to them with using Malay or Indonesian. They love it too because its a random white guy talking to them in their language. So flippin fun.

I'm running out of time so I need to be fast!
We played basketball with the young men and holy cow, I still got it. I love basketball. That activity was so much fun. I got to hang out with the young men too so that was great too. I am super. SUPER sore though. I haven't worked muscles like that in a long time. So much fun.

Also finally, I got to meet my momma's friend Robyn Smith here! We went out to dinner, toured a little part of the richest Buddhist temple I have ever seen, and had a great time. So much fun to talk to someone who knew something about Fort Collins.

That's it for this week, I'm sorry I don't have pictures, in the midst of my organizing myself this week, I switch SD cards in my camera so I dont have new ones. My b.
Love you guys!
Love,
Elder Hanks

No comments:

Post a Comment