This was a eventful week.
To start off, I got a call from the hospital this week. They said when I was in, they diagnosed me wrong soooooo I didn't have the Rota Virus. They said I have some amoebic illness or something like that. Either way, I had to go back to the hospital but not for 3 days this time. Just for about an hour. I met with the doctor and I got some antibiotics to take over the course of the next week so looks like I'll be good. That was a fun trip.
Actually I lied. This wasn't that eventful of a week. It was pretty normal. I learned a ton though. I figured out a lot about myself. I figured a lot about how to teach with the spirit and it can be really hard. Mainly it's hard if you don't let yourself see where you are lacking. I did that. I didn't want to accept that I was weak. Butttt then I figured out that it's better to go along with it. (you would've thought I would've learned this after 18 years but I guess it's something that can happen to you at any point in your life) I don't know exactly how to describe it but essentially, you should really know and find out for yourself that God really does know what he's doing. One, he created us all and is our Father and can really see what is going on in your life. With that too, if you need any more evidence, Jesus Christ suffered and felt everything we could possibly feel and more. So. They have a pretty good idea of what's going on in your life and how you can fulfill your purpose. Well not just pretty good, a PERFECT idea of what's going on and all of that. Don't doubt it. There is always someone who is there and fully and perfectly understands. Being away from home, you feel like you are away from the only people that understand you but nope. God is an incredible Father. You can learn so much from Him. I have not much else to say. I'm sorry this isn't really about my week. Essentially what I want you all to do is really try for yourself to understand that God is not some raging powerful being who cares little for us. He is a father, a perfect father who understands and loves us and wants to protect us. Once you discover that, you begin to see that all things that He or His prophets ask of you are very simply to help you. To help you in numerous ways. Help you feel His love, help you feel guided in life, help you be HAPPY, and so many more, some which we don't understand yet. God can't come down to our level, so He has handed to us a ladder to help us get to His level. This ladder is the Holy Ghost and the one offering his hand to help us up is the Savior Jesus Christ so that we can come to our Father's glorious level. Holy cow. There is no doubt we truly have a great purpose here. Dang. Well I hope that makes sense to you. Those are just my thoughts for this week.
I love you all,
Elder Hanks
ps. realized this week that no one will know who i am/ what i look like when I'm 19. None of you will see me. That's crazy. Love you
No comments:
Post a Comment