Sunday, April 10, 2016

10 April 2016~from last week

Sorry I didn't write a letter last week and this one will be really short too. My b. I put up some pictures though! Hope those suffice! It has been a good week! Really good experience because this is the first time that i have brought someone new into an area I was already in so I realize how hard it is to plan stuff on your own and everything haha. I love this place! There was a huge cultural event earlier this week that we went to and it was SO cool. I also got to see a ton of my friends from all of the Kuching area and that was super awesome. I love people. People are so fascinating. Anyway. I am so sorry. I don't have a lot of time right now! 
One thing I read this week that I read a long time ago that really helped me change my attitude towards pretty much everything and motivate me to better myself is in Alma 13:12.
"Now they, after being sanctified by the Holy Ghost, having their garments made white, being pure and spotless before God, could not look upon sin save it were with abhorrence; and there were many, exceedingly great many, who were made pure and entered into the rest of the Lord their God." 

My favorite part of this is where is says looking upon sin with abhorrence and I know (because I have felt it in many areas of my weaknesses) this is something that is offered to us as we constantly try to follow the perfected path that God has created for us. Looking upon sin with hate can sure make it a whole lot easier not to do it. Try to use the atonement to not just be forgiven of your sins but to be strengthened in the way you view them. Everyone can view sin with abhorrence. Anyway. It works.  That's all I gotta say. I love you all!
Love,
Elder Hanks










 

No comments:

Post a Comment