Tuesday, May 24, 2016







23 May 2016

SOOOOO this was an interesting week.
To start off, a few weeks ago we met a cool couple. The husband, a man from Hamburg Germany and the wife an Iban (who had lived in Germany for many years after they got married). So I gave them a call to see if they would still be interested in meeting with us and they agreed. So we go there and what the heck do you know. They have two Chihuahuas. I about died. I was so happy. One of them was way sweet and just came up and cuddled with me and I almost cried. The other one was still really cute. He would try to bite me. Like chase me to bite me. LIke, if i walked within 2 feet of him he would start coming after me. But still cute. We ate dinner with them and it was really good. They said "we figured you are sick of eating chicken rice every day so we prepared the furthest thing from it." And oh my goodness. It was so good. SO good. At the end, we were talking about bratwurst and sauerkraut and then next thing you know there's sauerkraut on the table. Like. Where the heck do you find sauerkraut here.. Oh man that was the greatest tasting thing I have ever had in my entire life. I miss that kind of food so much. Anyway, we shared with them about the gospel and we will be going back this next week! So we will see how this goes. 

Another thing that happened that was quite annoying was while I was riding my bike the other day, my seat post suddenly snapped off. One second I was riding my bike, the next thing I knew, my butt hit the back tire and I bounced up and was standing on the ground. the post itself didn't break actually, but the frame part broke off with it. There's a picture on dropbox. So I had to go get that all welded and stuff so that was really not fun. It's funny though because my trainer had the SAME exact thing happen to him while I was with him. Father like son you know.
One thing I read about this past week was really just awesome. This was from when Joseph Smith was in Liberty Jail and suffering and at the same time the Saints were suffering a ton too. He pleas with the Lord and the words spoken have really helped me in my struggles. I am so thankful for what is said here. D+C 122:7-9

7 And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.

 8 The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?

 9 Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever.
So awesome. The power of God is something that is more accessible than we think. Don't forget that. There is so much help that God is just trying to give us. Try to open your eyes (spiritually) to see that.
Love,
Elder Hanks

No comments:

Post a Comment